The Dangers of Electrical Shock in Dogs & Cats

The Dangers of Electrical Shock in Dogs & Cats

Cartoons do a great job of illustrating cats getting electrocuted. The animation really exaggerates the cat’s hair standing up and it makes it comical. However, cats and dogs getting electrocuted is anything but funny nor entertaining. Cats and dogs have a propensity to chew on our household cables and electrical cords. These wires, if chewed on, can cause severe injury and/or death to your pets as well as a fire hazard to your house. If you suspect that your dog or cat got electrocuted, look out for the following symptoms:

  • Burn
  • Rapid heart rate
  • Vomiting
  • Crying
  • Seizures
  • Unconsciousness
  • Lethargy

To prevent these electrical dangers, it is vital to safety proof the home. PETCORDS were specifically designed with your pets’ safety in mind. Our mission is to add a barrier of defense to all household cables and electrical cords. Our #1 cord protector has a pre-cut slit which makes the application process fairly simple. We have been pet proofing homes for over 7 years now and our product has saved countless lives. To purchase a PETCORD, shop on

Reading next

Our Mission of Saving Pets and Educating Pet Parents!

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.